Friday, December 24, 2010

Joy to the world

Tomorrow is Christmas. Yeah, I know you had no idea. I'm definitely no Isaiah when it comes to being prophetic. Alas, it is not my spiritual gift. But let's not forget that over 2,000 years ago the greatest spiritual gift the Earth has ever received was born. That gift being Jesus. Truly, there has never been a more apt occasion to proclaim Joy to the world! Keeping that in mind, I want to offer up a Christmas greeting that stays true to that spirit. Peace on earth is something everybody throws around as ideal, but I think that during the Christmas season it's taken a little more seriously. Ultimately, however, I think that the real message of the season is one of love and grace. God's love for us, and the grace he showed by sending his son, Jesus. As Dustin Kensrue of Thrice puts it "Can you see now that everything’s grace after all?" In that spirit...

Merry Christmas to all my family and friends! I hope that you have a joyous Christmas, and that you find peace and hope this year. For those struggling, I can't promise that things will improve, but putting your trust and faith in God to turn things around is the best place to start. Friends: if you have a problem and want someone to listen--I'm here for you. Thank you to those who have been there to listen to me and lend advice. My apologies to those I've offended, let down, and turned my back on. I will do my best to no longer pass judgment without first examining myself and my own faults. I'm thankful for you all, and that God has allowed me to come into contact with so many great people. When you feel disheartened remember that "greater things have yet to come." The fact that we celebrate Christmas as the day "the Lord is come" beckons to a greater day when the Lord will come again! But until that day, we continue to celebrate the joy of Christmas with family and friends who share in the promise fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment